In the past week, my cellphone has:
1. Set up a password on my voice mail box all by itself.
2. Refused to alert me of any of my incoming text messages until days after they had been sent.
3. Continued to ring after I had picked up a call.
4. Refused to call out just because.
5. Dropped calls left and right.
6. Refused to send a birthday text message to my future sister in law, but never gave me a proper error message letting me know it didn’t go through. Now who looks like a bitch?
So I think I may need a new one, but there’s a big part of me that’s fighting this realization. The reason why? My cellphone is only two years old! I know that tons of people upgrade every year or so, but that’s so unrealistic to me. Unfortunately, who ever designed my phone appears to think differently. Yes, like many other pieces of technology, this one seems designed to expire just around the time you might get tempted to buy a new one. I suspect in the future that every piece of tech will be able to do everything short of open heart surgery, yet break apart in six months so you can go out and buy a new one.
The real question is, how long will I be able to hold out until the situation gets so nasty that I simply have no choice?